Monday, April 19, 2010

Medic In Need

I know this isn't a "central Massachusetts" story, but I read this story about a Paramedic battling cancer in New Hampshire and I felt like it was something I needed to spread the word about.
Sarah Fox is a 38-year-old Paramedic who has 2 1/2-year-old twins and a 7-year-old daughter.
She also has terminal cancer and has been given a year to live.
Firefighters from the Portsmouth (NH) Fire Department are selling window and helmet stickers to help defray the cost of Sarah's treatment.
I know from firsthand experience how devastating the costs of caring for a loved-one with cancer can become, and I think it's a tremendous thing that the folks from Portsmouth FD are trying to do.
I hope and pray for Ms. Fox's recovery, but I also plan on buying a few stickers to help ensure that she can spend whatever time is left enjoying her family and not worrying about expenses.
Anyone interested in buying stickers can send a check payable to "Portsmouth Firefighters Charitable Association" to Portsmouth Fire Station 1, 170 Court St., Portsmouth, NH, 03801. Helmet stickers are $5 and vehicle stickers are $10.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ted, Do you know any online way of donating or is this a boot fund?
Tim- WEMS

Unknown said...

To donate onlin or buy stickers goto this link. Thank you for your help! Also visit us on Facebook at portsmouth firefighters charitable association.
http://www.pffnh.org/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/local_view_article.cfm&HomeID=160421&LocalID=2832&usecode=1313