Sunday, August 16, 2009

Helping a Helper

I really like this.

Michael Morse, author of my favorite blog, Rescuing Providence, linked to this site.

Besides just being a nice thing to do for someone who clearly deserves it (I can't even begin to describe the respect I have for working Moms and Dads who manage to complete something as daunting as Paramedic school), I think the writer is addressing a real need.

With the world's credit markets still frozen like the Siberian Tundra, school loans are becoming harder and harder to come by.

A friend of mine who runs a Paramedic program told me that the company that once financed the considerable cost of an education at his school notified six members of his last class at the last minute that the money they had counted on would not be coming.

Those six are having to instead wait a few more years to attend school.

I love what's being done here, and I hope some Central Mass Medics readers might be able to help out even a little.

To steal a little more from Morse's last post, here's a link that might explain why this is worth it.

1 comment:

Epijunky said...

I keep stumbling upon more and more blogs who have linked to Bernice's post (as well as the countless others).

Each one brings more tears to my eyes. And an even greater feeling of... I'm not even sure what to say.

Thank you, so much.